Sunday, October 20, 2013

little nugget, letter three.

10/20/2013

Nugget,

This has been such a joyful weekend!  On Friday, your dad and I went to our 14 week appointment for an ultrasound.  The doctor couldn’t find your heartbeat and after 10 painfully scary minutes, we were able to see you on a sonogram.  There is no way to describe the emotions at seen you for the first time.  We saw your little feet, your hands making fists, the shadow of your face, your spine and your strong heart beating.  It moves me to tears thinking about it right now.  I cannot believe you are real sometimes!

Immediately after the appointment, once we were sure everything was okay, we formally “announced” we were pregnant.  This didn’t come as a shock to too many people, since your dad and I are terrible at keeping secrets about ourselves.  There have been so many people praying for you, little one, and so many people that are celebrating your health and growth.  You are one loved little baby.  It is so exciting to be past the first trimester and feel so much of the fear and anxiety be replaced with excitement, hope and joy!


“I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.” 1 Samuel 1:27

have continued to take it easy on me—thank you!  I was nauseous and tired until about last week, but now I am on the upswing.  Right now I’m loving grapefruit and oranges – or anything citrus, really, which is fitting, as you are about the size of a navel orange right now.  We cannot wait to find out if you are our little boy or little girl.  Momma is putting her official guess in for boy but of course will be thrilled no matter what! 

Little one, I hope I never forget the anticipation of meeting you in April, I feel so lucky to be your Momma.


I love you forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment