Sunday, October 20, 2013

little nugget, letter two.

10/20/13 - We formally "announced" we were pregnant on Friday, 10/18.  I've been writing since we found out on August 9 but didn't want to post until we made it past the first trimester.  Today I am 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my little nugget, and all seems healthy and on track.  Here are several posts and letters from the past three months.

9/22/13

Little one,

What a precious birthday gift it was for me to hear your heartbeat on the ultrasound during our appointment Friday.  It was the sweetest sound in the world to hear your strong 164 beats per minute.  The doctor was able to find the heartbeat quickly and your dad and I both had tears in our eyes.  You are such a blessing and a miracle.

There has been much anxiety for me between the first time we got to see you and the second time.  So much can happen, so much can go wrong.  Your dad has been the best about reminding me that I have no control.  God knows exactly how our family should work out.  While I pray every day that I get to meet you in April, I have complete confidence in our loving Father, our perfect Creator that there is a divine plan so much greater than I could ever imagine.

Momma is really working on her worry and anxiety.  God is using you to stretch me in ways I never thought imaginable.  I am learning to be intentional, to savor every single minute I get to spend with you – something I pray I do not forget when you are in my arms and growing so quickly.  I am learning to accept myself, give grace to myself for not being perfect or having it all together.  I hate that there is so much fear and loss of innocence around these first few months, little one.  I hope you know how over the moon excited I am to be your Momma and that nothing overshadows that.  No matter what happens, God has used you to help redeem hope inside of me.  Thank you so much little one.  I cannot wait to meet you!

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

I love you forever and ever.

Momma   

No comments:

Post a Comment